7/10/13

Testing out the Nikon D600


Lilly hanging out in the kitchen


Don Pablo with rainbow face


A beaker of Gin and lime


I'm looking for a digital camera that gets me really amped to 'make' photographs. In the past I have shot most of my personal work with negative film. I still want to work on projects in this way, but I want to get a digital tool that I really love and inspires me to carry around. My first test was with a Nikon D600, which has a full-frame (FX) sensor and fits my old Nikon lenses. Over-all I wasn't that pleased with the camera. The body felt light and cheap, I found the light-meter to be inconsistent, and the pixel structure was too sharp and hot. I just couldn't imagine lugging this around to seek out beautiful pictures - it just felt and looked too clinical.........

No comments:

Post a Comment